Determined Health Care Fraud Defense Lawyers
The Oberheiden Law Group PLLC is a national health care fraud defense law firm serving all of the United States. As a physician, pharmacist, or owner of a company in the health care industry, you know that federal audits and investigations need to be taken seriously. If you are experiencing an audit or investigation, you also know how immensely disrupting they can be for your business. The attorneys at the Oberheiden Law Group PLLC provide experienced representation that aims to bring investigations to an end and having any charges against our clients dismissed.
As head of our firm’s Federal Defense Group, Dr. Nick Oberheiden represents clients in complex health care fraud and compliance cases across the country. Representing clients in all types of federal criminal law matters, Dr. Oberheiden has particular experience in the health care and pharmaceutical industries. He has successfully represented clients in cases involving the Office of Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services (OIG), the Department of Defense (DOD), the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Department of Labor (DOL), the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
Health Care Fraud Explained
Federal and state agencies across the board are cracking down on health care fraud. Broadly speaking, health care fraud involves making false statements or engaging in illegal practices for financial gain. While this may make it sound like those who commit health care fraud are serious criminals, the reality is that physicians and other health care industry professionals often find themselves facing health care fraud charges when they have no idea what has gone wrong. Common health care fraud allegations include:
- Billing fraud
- Medicaid and Medicare fraud
- Anti-kickback violations
- False Claims Act violations
Many companies and private practices face charges due to the actions of individual employees. In other cases, physicians, pharmacists, and business owners themselves may be accused of criminal misconduct. Regardless of the situation you are facing, our attorneys can help obtain the best possible outcome in light of the facts at hand.
Defending Against Health Care Fraud
Physicians and health care entrepreneurs nationwide hire the Oberheiden Law Group, PLLC to defend them against state and federal investigations. Our health care team – led by our experienced criminal defense lawyers and former federal prosecutors – has advised hundreds of clients on complex health care matters with resounding success.
The following is just a small sampling of our recent case results in matters involving health care fraud and other alleged health care law violations:
- Represented clients in OIG investigation for alleged Medicare and Tricare fraud. Result: Case Dismissed.
- Represented clients in OIG Investigation for alleged violations of Stark Law and False Claims Act based on a qui tam against client.
Result: Government Declined to Intervene, Case Dismissed.
- Represented client in OIG Investigation alleging Medicare Fraud, Billing Fraud, and False Claims Act violations. Result: No Civil or Criminal Liability.
- Represented client in defense against audit by the U.S. Department of Labor. Result: Resolved as No Audit.
- Represented clients in DEA investigations to revoke pharmacy licenses. Result: No Charges, Licenses Retained.
- Represented hospital client in defense of federal dispute over alleged marketing and patent infringement. Result: Case Dismissed.
Within our health care law practice, we represent physicians, practices, and companies of all sizes in a wide range of medical and pharmaceutical fields. Our client list includes:
- A DNA testing laboratory
- A national surgery center
- Chiropractors and physical therapy groups
- health care providers across the United States
- Large-scale anesthesia groups
- National compound pharmacies
- National pharmacies
- National operating device companies
- National toxicology laboratories
- Physicians across the United States
- Physician-owned distributorships
Contact the Health Care Lawyers at Oberheiden Law Group PLLC Today
If you or your business is facing allegations of health care fraud, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible. By the time you find out that you are under investigation, the government may have already taken substantial steps toward building a case for criminal charges.
We offer free, confidential consultations. To speak with a health care fraud defense attorney about your investigation, call the Oberheiden Law Group PLLC at (888) 727-0472 or contact us online today.
Primary Office in Dallas, TX. Dallas Health Care Fraud Attorneys.