Former Prosecutors with Decades of Experience Defending Individuals in Court
If you have been charged with a crime, it is not an exaggeration to say that your future is on the line. Except for the most minor infringements, all crimes carry the potential for jail (or prison) time, and court costs and fines can exceed what many defendants can afford to pay. Beyond these court-imposed penalties, criminal convictions can have other consequences as well—and these consequences can impact all aspects of your life.
This means that if you are facing criminal charges, you need an experienced defense lawyer. Simply put, you cannot afford to try to handle your situation on your own. While many people assume that hiring a lawyer is expensive, this isn’t necessarily the case, and losing your criminal case can cost far more than putting a skilled criminal defense lawyer on your side.
Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyers with a Track Record of Success
At The Criminal Defense Firm, our lawyers have decades of experience handling high-stakes criminal cases. This includes not only experience as defense lawyers, but also prior experience as state and federal prosecutors. Several of our lawyers devoted their careers to securing criminal convictions before switching sides; and, today, they use this experience to build targeted and highly-effective defense strategies.
As a result, our track record speaks for itself. We have successfully defended clients across the country against all types of serious criminal charges. While this includes securing “Not guilty” verdicts in court, it also includes favorably resolving many of our clients’ cases well before trial. Other reasons criminal defendants choose The Criminal Defense Firm include:
- Our Focus on Pre-Trial Resolutions – We work to resolve our clients’ cases favorably before trial whenever possible. If we can help you avoid the costs and inherent uncertainty of going to trial, we will.
- Our Commitment to Success at Trial When Necessary – If going to trial is your best option, we will be fully prepared to fight for a “Not guilty” verdict in court. We will prepare a comprehensive defense strategy focused on challenging the prosecution’s case every step of the way.
- Our Out-of-the-Box Approach – In many cases, avoiding a criminal conviction in court requires a creative approach. Our lawyers are willing to think outside of the box, and we draw on our experience as former prosecutors to uniquely target favorable resolutions.
- Our Accessibility and Communication – As a client of The Criminal Defense Firm, you can expect to get in touch with your lawyer when you need to. We prioritize accessibility to our clients, and all of our lawyers respond promptly by phone, text, and email.
- Our Relentless Advocacy – Above all, our clients trust us because of our relentlessness. We know what it means to face criminal allegations, and we know how significantly the outcome of your case will impact your life. When you choose The Criminal Defense Firm, you can trust our lawyers to do everything they can to protect you to the fullest extent possible.
Cases We Handle
Our lawyers represent individuals who are facing all types of criminal charges in state and federal court. Whether you are facing a misdemeanor charge as a first-time offender or you are facing a felony charge under a “three-strikes” law, we can use our experience to protect you. Examples of the types of cases we handle include:
- Assault and battery
- Bribery and corruption
- Burglary, robbery, and theft
- Cybertheft and other computer crimes
- Domestic violence
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Driving under the influence of drugs (DUID)
- Drug crimes (i.e., possession, manufacture, cultivation, and distribution)
- Fraud (i.e., health care fraud, insurance fraud, and mortgage fraud)
- Hate crimes
- Identity theft
- Money laundering
- Murder and manslaughter
- Rape and sexual assault
- White collar crimes
Again, these are just examples. From police misconduct to resisting arrest, we defend individuals charged with a broad range of other criminal offenses as well. Regardless of the charges against you, and regardless of where your charges are pending, you can count on The Criminal Defense Firm to help you put forth an informed, strategic, and trial-tested defense.
What Can You Expect From Your Criminal Case?
Facing criminal charges can be overwhelming. If you are like most people, you don’t know what to expect as your case progresses. Here is an overview of what will happen when you choose The Criminal Defense Firm to represent you:
1. We Will Evaluate All Possible Defenses
Our first step will be to evaluate all possible defenses. This includes not only defenses related to the charge (or charges) against you, but also defenses based on your constitutional rights. If the police or prosecutors violate your constitutional rights, this can justify a motion to suppress the evidence against you—and this can prevent prosecutors from being able to prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
2. We Will Formulate a Strong and Cohesive Defense Strategy
Based on our lawyers’ evaluation of your case, we will formulate a strong and cohesive defense strategy. We will focus on protecting you to the fullest extent possible based on the facts at hand, and we will rely on our lawyers’ extensive experience to execute your defense strategy effectively.
3. We Will Help You Weigh Your Options
As a criminal defendant, you may have a variety of options for resolving your case. For example, if you are a first-time offender, you may qualify for a “diversion” or “pre-trial intervention” program that allows you to maintain a clean criminal record. If you don’t qualify for one of these programs—and if it appears that prosecutors have the evidence they need to convict you—then negotiating a plea bargain that reduces your charge or minimizes your penalties could be your best option.
4. We Will Target a Favorable Pre-Trial Resolution
Regardless of the options you have available, our first priority will be to target a favorable pre-trial resolution—whether this means securing a dismissal, discharge, or plea deal. Our lawyers will help you make an informed decision about which option to pursue, and we will rely on our experience to represent you effectively.
5. We Will Fight for Your Freedom at Trial If Necessary
Sometimes, going to trial is the only viable option for protecting your legal rights and preserving your freedom. If it makes sense to take your criminal case to trial, we will do everything we can to prevent the prosecution from meeting its burden of proof. If the evidence against you is simply too strong, then we will shift our focus to protecting you at sentencing.
In addition to providing legal representation at the trial level, our lawyers also handle criminal cases on appeal. In some cases, despite the facts at hand, a judge or jury will simply make the wrong decision. With our appellate practice, we are able to handle our clients’ cases from beginning to end regardless of how they progress. We are also able to see when a case isn’t going our client’s way, and we are able to anticipate and preserve issues that we can use to seek a reversal on appeal.
FAQs: Hiring a Criminal Defense Lawyer to Represent You
Do You Need a Lawyer for a Misdemeanor Criminal Charge?
Yes, even though facing a misdemeanor charge is less serious than being charged with a felony, defending against a misdemeanor still requires experienced legal representation. Depending on the jurisdiction where your case is being tried, a misdemeanor conviction could still mean months or years of incarceration, substantial fines, and various collateral consequences.
Will You Lose Your Rights if You Get Convicted of a Crime?
In many cases, getting convicted of a crime will mean losing your legal rights. While laws vary between jurisdictions, a conviction could mean losing your right to own a firearm, your right to vote, or even your right to spend time with your children.
Is It Worth Hiring a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
Whether you have been charged with assault, theft, DUI, or any other crime, it is absolutely worth hiring a criminal defense lawyer. There are several ways a lawyer can help you; and, without skilled legal advice, you can easily make mistakes that will jeopardize your future.
How Do You Choose the Right Criminal Defense Lawyer for You?
There are several factors to consider when choosing a criminal defense lawyer. For example, relevant experience is extremely important, and so is trust. When you are relying on a criminal defense lawyer to represent you, you need to have unwavering confidence in the lawyer’s ability to represent you effectively.
When Should I Hire a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
You should hire a criminal defense lawyer at the first sign that you are at risk of facing prosecution. This could mean facing an investigation, receiving a search warrant or subpoena, or getting arrested. If you have any concerns about facing criminal charges for any reason, you should speak with a criminal defense lawyer right away.
Speak with a Lawyer at The Criminal Defense Firm in Confidence
Do you need to speak with a criminal defense lawyer? If so, we encourage you to contact us right away. For a free and confidential consultation at The Criminal Defense Firm, call 866-603-4540 or request an appointment online now.